Author Bio 300 Characters:
Growing up in an accepting family M.D. Neu always wondered why there were never stories reflecting our diverse LGBTQA society. Constantly surrounded by characters that only reflected heterosexual society, he decided to change that and took to writing, wanting to tell good stories that reflected our diverse world.
Author Bio 150 Characters:
Growing up in an accepting family M.D. Neu is an LGBTQA author who wants to tell good stories that reflected our diverse world.
M.D. Neu is a LGBTQIA Fiction Writer with a love for writing and travel. Living in the heart of Silicon Valley (San Jose, California) and growing up around technology, he’s always been fascinated with what could be. Specifically drawn to Science Fiction and Paranormal television and novels, M.D. Neu was inspired by the great Gene Roddenberry, George Lucas, Stephen King, Alice Walker, Alfred Hitchcock, Harvey Fierstein, Anne Rice, and Kim Stanley Robinson. An odd combination, but one that has influenced his writing.
With his current selection books he recently released he wanted to show our diverse LGBTQIA community focusing on often forgotten or marginalized characters. In The Reunion the main is a gay man, but he’s also a Drag Queen and he befriends a trans women and the two become fast friends. In A Dragon for Christmas, Neu focuses on an eleven-year-old lesbian Latina giving her the adventure of a lifetime. In his debut novel, The Calling Neu tells the story of an average gay man, not one of the beautiful gays we see everywhere. In this novel gay isn’t the focus of the story, it’s all about the adventure this one man gets to have.
Growing up in an accepting family as a gay man he always wondered why there were never stories reflecting who he was. Constantly surrounded by characters that only reflected heterosexual society, M.D. Neu decided he wanted to change that. So, he took to writing, wanting to tell good stories that reflected our diverse world.
When M.D. Neu isn’t writing, he works for a non-profit and travels with his biggest supporter and his harshest critic, Eric his husband of eighteen plus years.
M.D. Neu – Media Mentions:
June 3, 2018 Writing Process – How Authors Work.
April 20, 2018 Cross Gender, Cross Culture, Cross Economics! – WROTE Podcast.
April 5, 2018 Vampires, Witches and The Calling oh my. – OutLook Video
January 16, 2018 A Novel idea: Vampires in San Jose by Sal Pizarro – The Mercury News
M.D. Neu is available as a source for interviews on the following subjects:
- The nature of LGBTQIA fiction and how it is lump together under Romance. How there should be better classifications and wider acceptance in the mainstream.
- How LGBTQIA people are across all cultures, genders and economics. We are everywhere and people need to realize that just because you don’t like doesn’t mean we are going anywhere. As long as there have been humans walking the Earth there have been LGBTQIA people.
- Writing contemporary LGBTQIA Fiction.
- Overcoming severe learning disabilities to become a published author.
Quick facts about M.D. Neu:
- Third generation Santa Clara County
- Overcame severe Dyslexia
- Gay man growing up in the 70s and 80s
- Passion for Science Fiction, Paranormal and Fantasy stories and media entertainment.
- Living in a loving and committed relationship for over twenty years
Contact M.D. Neu